The typography that you use on your webpage can be just as important as the design you create. When designing your website consider the tips below.
1. Font – The font you choose in your web design, should match the theme of your website. When picking your font you should choose a type that will be clearly readable on PCS and MACS, as well as mobile sites. It is best to limit the number of different fonts you are using in order maximize readability.
2. Color – The color of your font should contrast the background of your web page. The ease of reading can be adjusted by having a darker text on a lighter background. The opposite will work as well and be visually pleasing, though it might tire the eyes more quickly.
3. Size – The size of your font should be around 14 pixels. This size can typically be read by people that don’t have perfect vision. In some cases larger fonts are appropriate. It is rarely optimal to use a font smaller than this.
4. White Space – White space is an important element of design. White space can be used to keep your web site from looking cluttered. Fonts that are too close together will hinder the flow of your page.
5. Use of Headers – The use of headers in your design will help to keep the eye moving on your page, and should result in a user completing a desired action. In addition, this will separate your titles from your main text.